Imagine 10 years from now.... going into an "Opportunity Shop" and seeing the patterns you wanted to make, for sale in the Vintage Pattern section! Unfinished business!
What stops us from making the Sewing patterns, we bought yesterday, today?
- TNT (Tried and True) patterns - new untried patterns always carry a risk
- Fear - precious fabric can increase the stress level
- Overwhelmed with the amount of Fabric in your Stash - surprisingly we really can't remember evey piece of fabric we purchase!
- Overwhelmed with the number of patterns in your collection - ever found that you have purchased the same pattern twice?
- UFO's - would you really wear it if you finished it?
- Disorganised sewing space - it really doesn't take much for this to happen does it!?
- Time on Social Media - inspiration can be a time vacuum!
Some solutions to help you get to the "make part" of your Pattern and Fabric journey:
- Try to make one new pattern from your unused collection
- Open the new pattern and look at the instructions and use Google to research the pattern.
- Sort your fabric into Summer and Winter at the very least and really look at it. You won't need to use any petrol for this activity!
- Pop those UFO's in a bag and donate to a thrift shop. Your Time is precious
- Clear the benches, put pattern pieces away and while you're at it do a quick clean of the benches in the house. Secret tip: just do a 30 minute focussed tidy up!
- Sort your patterns into skirts, dresses, pants, jackets and put the ones you most want to make, at the front. Use shallow cardboard boxes so you can file vertically for easy viewing access
- Make up a batch of soup or a casserole so that you have food for the family!
- Put your phone away from your workspace and check it at regular intervals
- Tick these completed garments off your list
- Smile smugly and know that no future young whippersnapper will get to do what you never got time to do!
Follow me on Instagram and Subscribe to my YouTube for more adventures with Patterns and Fabric!