Imagine you're the captain and you're choosing your team....
There are all the hopefuls ... all lined up ...
Pick Me! Pick Me!
Think of how you would choose your winning team:
- Fastest runner - get the ball to the goalpost ... Fastest make
- Good looking.. if you need to market yourself looks are important ... Take a photo and see what others see
- Muscle = energy... Is your fabric up to the job? ... Fabric with body means it will be able to withstand the pressure. Great Fabric looks better than good
- Appearances matter. If the player looks like he knows what to do, he probably does. Look for Patterns that exude a classy look
- Confidence if you want to look a certain way choose Patterns that assist this quest. Have a good look at the lines and research Google to see how this garment looks on people who are of a similar body shape to you
- Is the player energetic & can the Fabric "Move like Jagger?" Is your Fabric able to handle your movement and action
Pick Me! Pick Me! Is the fabric really calling your name or is it calling someone else's name?
How to identify the Fabric that does call your name:
- You touch it and you linger
- If you think that could come in handy some day ... or you "Get it just in case"... Beware don't waste your money, storage or time ...Just don't get it! This Fabric isn't for you
Ok so if you discover some of these Fabrics in your stash then don't feel bad. All is not lost. You can recognize the feeling and the Fabric you don't want. Hopefully you won't repeat this type of fabric purchase again. Learning does cost time and money but what you have learnt is invaluable.
Move the Fabric on and feel the lightness instead of heaviness of heart.
Moving it on is a good activity to do, as it frees up your creativity and may even get you back in the saddle ... sewing some great wardrobe pieces you will love to actually wear.
Your team could make it to the Grand final!
When you take your best team out onto the field.... the crowd Will cheer.
Need a Coach?
Click on "Mentor" link below to find out how I can help you
Follow me on Instagram and Subscribe to my Blog for more adventures with Fabric Patterns and Life!